Sunday, April 19, 2009

Charles Barkley's thoughts on avoiding a DUI

I will admit it.  I am not a big fan of former NBA star Charles Barkley, but after viewing his appearance on The Tonight Show I thought he had some insight, as it relates to DUI's, worth sharing.

He said that you never think about drinking and driving until there is an accident or you get charged with a DUI.  You go out with friends and you drink and then you drive yourself home.  You go out to dinner and you have a drink with your meal and then you drive yourself home.  

Folks, we are not at zero tolerance for alcohol consumption while driving yet, but I do believe that will come in the future.  Just remember, not that long ago the legal limit was .10 BAC, today it is .08.  Believe me there is already a push from MADD to lower the legal BAC limit from .08. 

Do you think there should be a strict prohibition against any amount of alcohol consumption while driving?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973