Monday, April 13, 2009

Suspected DUI driver slams vehicle into courthouse


The alleged DUI driver's car landed practically on its nose with the rear resting against the courthouse.


Franklin County Circuit Clerk Donna Sevenski continues to thank God — and her son, Scott, who made a phone call that probably saved her life.

“I was the only one in the courthouse,” Sevenski said. “It was about 4:26 p.m. I was getting ready to step into my office with a stack of papers in my hand when my cell phone rang. I was standing outside my office door, stopped at the desk outside the door and sat the paperwork down on the desk to answer the phone.”

“When the SUV struck the courthouse after striking the tree, the plate-glass window and frame flew into the office, striking the door and shattering,” she said. “Part of the glass, mud and debris flew into the office that is shared by the personnel.”


There is mention that this young man may have a broken neck.  Let's hope he get's the assistance he needs and thank goodness no one else was harmed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973