Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chicago DUI lawyer predicts the future

I want to share a few of my predictions about what the future may hold for Chicago DUI's.  

1. I believe the time will come when there will be zero tolerance for all drivers regardless of age. That means whether you are over the age of 21 or not no amount of alcohol will be legal when driving a vehicle.  There are states already working on passing bills for zero tolerance for repeat offenders. I have also mentioned states looking to ban the purchase of consumption of any alcohol for repeat offenders.

2.  Interlock devices may become standard on automobiles.  There are many of us who have no idea that there is any gasoline available aside from unleaded.  There will come a time in the future, I suspect less than twenty years, when having an Interlock device will be standard on all autos, just like airbags, and ABS brakes are now.

Ten years from now (maybe sooner) , if you are going to consume alcoholic beverages, I strongly suggest no driving.  If you get stopped for something minor, like a busted tail-light, you could end up arrested for a DUI.  I know, you may prevail ultimately, but why put yourself in that position in the first place?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973