Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chicago DUI lawyer says be careful when shopping Big Brother is still ticketing

This Chicago DUI lawyer started the year posting about license plate scanning technology here. As I indicated there is an increasing erosion in privacy. It probably doesn't help that many local municipalities are hurting for money. Even as folks do their patriotic duty and shop to boost the local economy they are being watched.


R on Suryk is hot. I mean steaming. Righteous indignation hardly begins to describe this guy.

Suryk, 57, is certain that he has been mistreated, insulted and that an injustice has been done to him that should outrage everyone in Illinois, maybe the entire country - but most importantly every person in Orland Park

"I'm from Bradley, and my wife and I were shopping in the Orland Square Mall over the weekend when your police department gave me a $50 ticket for an expired license plate sticker," Suryk said.

He admits his license plate sticker had expired at the end of June. But he claims he never received a renewal notice from the state.

"What really angers me, what I deem to be improper, is that the police department is patrolling a private parking lot, where people gather from all over, knowing that they're going to find a certain number of cars with expired license plate stickers," Suryk said. "They're using this to increase revenue for your town.

It always starts with something easy like this. Its never a government agent stalking your every move. There are still those that argue that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. You know the type, guilty until proven innocent. Folks we tried that method back during the witch-hunts and decided that our Constitution didn't support such notions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973