Saturday, May 2, 2009

Chicago DUI lawyer thinks the Judge was right


I previously posted here, here, and here on the recent tragedy involving a Chicago Police Officer, off-duty, charged with a  Chicago DUI in the deaths of two young men.  Who would have thought that the Chicago Sun Times would relegate news in this case to the gossip column.


Deny 'em . . .
Police blotter: Chicago cop Joseph Frugoli, who is charged with killing two people in an early morning drunken driving accident on the Dan Ryan Expy. last month, was denied permission to carry a gun Thursday by Criminal Court Judge Israel Desierto. Frugoli, who had been relieved of his police powers, was reportedly hoping to get a security job. 

I have appeared on many occassions before Judge Desierto on DUI matters.  I certainly believe he is fair and nuanced in his approach. 

 I understand the need for the accused to get other work.  I suspect he is on unpaid leave while his case is pending.  Unfortunately, that is not a defense for non-payment of bills for the creditors or an ability to provide for himself and/or his family or pay for his legal defense.

I do have one question, who is going to hire him as an armed security officer? Somehow, I suspect Judge Desierto wondered the same thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973