Monday, May 11, 2009

Chicago DUI lawyer answer the question: What happens if I miss my Chicago DUI court date?

Last week, I posted on former Chicago Bear Bob Avellini's acquittal on his DUI charge.  There were comments suggesting that he got off because he used to play for the Chicago Bears. I beg to differ, just look what happened to former Chicago Bear Todd Sauerbrun:


Todd Sauerbrun, a former punter for the Chicago Bears, was arrested at his home in Niles on April 30, 2009, on a warrant for missing a court hearing on his 2008 DUI arrest. Sauerbrun was arrested by Cook County sheriff's police at about 7:15 p.m. and was released after posting $295 cash bond, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Patterson.

Last Friday afternoon, I watched two different judges order defendants into custody for missing their court dates. What separates those defendants from Todd Sauerbrun? They came to court in an attempt to rectify the matter by asking the judges to quash the warrants for their arrests.  

A court appearance for  a Chicago DUI is very important.  You cannot choose to miss it because you have no one to watch your children or your boss will not let you off from work.  I can tell you this much - your boss will not prevent the sheriffs from picking you up from your job with a warrant for your arrest. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973