Monday, January 30, 2012

Chicago DUI Attorney Wonders, " What If You Aren't Guilty?"

This Chicago DUI Attorney has posted here and here about being wrongly accused.


There are horror stories every day about crimes committed.  Still we
all tend to ignore the stories of the falsely accused.

Every time someone hears what I do for a living, I'm asked how I can
defend people who are guilty.  I always respond that I often defend
folks who are not guilty but wrongly charged.  Inevitably the asker of
the question looks at me as if I'm a Martian.

Justice delayed is still Justice denied.

From msnbc.com


A man arrested for driving while intoxicated and then forced into
solitary confinement for two years tried to get help by writing to the
jail's nurse, but the only response he got was a dose of sedatives,
his lawyer said.
Stephen Slevin, 57, was arrested in August 2005 in New Mexico’s Dona
Ana County, charged with aggravated driving while under the influence
and possession of a stolen vehicle, although Slevin maintains the car
was lent to him by a friend. On Tuesday, a federal jury in Sante Fe
awarded him $22 million in damages for enduring inhumane conditions in
the Dona Ana County jail, which he emerged from "hollow," Matt Coyte,
his lawyer, told msnbc.com on Wednesday.

Would you feel differently about his treatment if he was found guilty?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973