Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicago DUI Attorney Comments on the Police Being Wrong

This Chicago DUI attorney has posted here and here about video recording DUI's, still she was surprised when the prosecutor said she was wrong.

  "It's okay.  I f*#ked up." 
 No I didn't say that.  That's what the cop said in the courtroom.  It was right after the judge did the right thing.  The cop wasn't mad.  The prosecutor was livid.  My client was free to go.

So what happened?

The judge agreed with me.  Believing that if the cops have a videotape purportedly saying my client was drunk, then my client better be on that video.  If not, then no, respectfully no, officer you are not going to sit here under oath and testify that my client failed all of the Field Sobriety Tests when the video doesn't ever show my client.

Don't you think it would be an awful  lot easier for the police and the accused if there was video?  Then the he said, she said goes away.  After all a picture is worth a thousand words.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973