Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chicago DUI attorney comments on texting as the de facto cause of bad driving

This Chicago DUI attorney has posted here, here, and here about texting while driving.

She admits to being surprised that others, across the country are just as interested by this phenomenon as she is.

From Facebook.com:

OMG Y'ALL! That was certainly divine intervention! A car full of teens swerved into my lane and almost hit me head on! Bet you they were textn. I'm parked now.

Yesterday at 6:25pm via Text Message ·   · 
ONE PERSON likes this.


OMG are you okay?
Yesterday at 6:28pm

Thank god nothing happen
Yesterday at 6:31pm

Yes! I'm @ Starbucks now. Phew! That's why I pray everyday and I drive defensively.
Yesterday at 6:36pm

Iam glad u r alright.
Yesterday at 6:37pm

Anen
Yesterday at 6:49pm

Wow...could have been a real tragedy, thank God, everyone is safe!
Yesterday at 6:51pm

thank goodness!!
Yesterday at 6:55pm

Angels all around you!
Yesterday at 6:56pm

God was with u and the other people i'm glad that u r ok bless u
Yesterday at 6:56pm

thank God 
Yesterday at 7:03pm

God is great and merciful. Eternity not your destiny today. To God be the glory!
Yesterday at 7:09pm

Yes! Thamk God! Well now I'm home safely sippin' my Starbucks frapp.
Yesterday at 7:29pm

I bet ya anything they didn't even notice or was laughing about it.. Glad your ok.. I drive the same way & NEVER use my phone.. I have ONSTAR!!
Yesterday at 7:45pm

I use a bluetooth to talk but I don't text unless I am parked.
Yesterday at 8:17pm

thank god your ok.
Yesterday at 9:51pm

A blessing for sure.
Yesterday at 11:14pm

What! Glad you are okay!
12 hours ago

glad all is well!
8 hours ago


It always surprises me the types of status updates that generate the most responses.  I’m glad my friend was okay.  I wish we knew if the kid who was driving was actually texting.  Luckily, there wasn’t an accident.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973