This Chicago DUI lawyer has posted here, here, and here about an array of DUI arrests. Tonight, I saw a driving infraction that was a perfect set up for a DUI arrest. Why’s that you ask? Okay, here’s what a DUI officer would see:
Equals Probable Cause for a traffic stop that could very well lead to a raised suspicion to check for the following signs of physical impairment:
1) Tinted Windows
2) Luxury Car
3) No Lights are turned on
4) Turns into the neighborhood liquor store parking lot
5) It’s a Saturday night
Equals enough physical clues of impairment that the officer now invites the driver to step out of the car in order to submit to Standardized Field Sobriety Tests:
1) Red, bloodshot , glassy eyes (Yes, I know it’s allergy season, tell that to the cops)
2) Slurred, mumbled, thick-tongued speech
3) Strong odor of alcoholic beverage coming from the breath of the driver
4) An admission from the driver that he consumed an alcoholic beverage some time prior to driving the car
After submitting to the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests the driver will be arrested and charged with a DUI.
No, it doesn’t matter what the test are, or how well you do on them, heck it doesn’t even matter if there is video to the contrary of what the arresting officer reports, the driver will still be charged with a DUI.