Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chicago DUI lawyer comments on Illinois State Rep's DUI


This Chicago DUI lawyer has posted here and here about politicians being charged with DUI. Usually, these arrest aren't here in the Land of Lincoln but looks like that has changed.

March 17, Decatur, IL

State Rep. Ron Stephens is facing a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol after he was found using the wrong lane by Decatur Police and admitted having several Jack and Cokes at dinner.

Stephens, 62, was ticketed Monday night by Decatur Police for improper lane usage and driving under the influence. The ticket states his breath alcohol level was 0.101. The limit in Illinois is 0.08, the equivalent of about three drinks for an adult male.

Stephens issued this statement on Tuesday: “Early on Monday evening, I was stopped by the Macon County Sheriff’s police and received citations for improper lane usage and driving under the influence. I cooperated fully with the police officers, was ticketed and released later that evening. "I exercised poor judgment that evening, and I am truly sorry for my actions. I also regret having disappointed my family, friends, and those I represent. I take full responsibility and stand ready to face the consequences of my actions.”

I wonder if he intends to plead guilty? I also wonder if he has any idea what the consequences of his actions are?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973