Friday, September 3, 2010

Chicago DUI attorney comments on holidays, taking tests, and driving

This Chicago DUI attorney had it happen again tonight.  A big guy asked me what he should do if he gets stopped tonight, should he blow or not?

This is a holiday weekend so the police are going to be out in force conducting DUI sobriety checks, roadside safety checks, and general increased patrol. 


The Chicago Police Department will conduct a Roadside Safety Check in the Austin
(009th) District at 5301 S. Ashland. The Roadside Safety Check will commence at 8:00 p.m.
on Friday, September 3, 2010 and end at 4:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 4, 2010.

During roadside checks, police officers slow down traffic, stop cars at regular intervals
and watch for drivers who show signs of alcohol impairment and other violations as noted
below.

They know you are out there, so “let’s be careful out there folks”.

As for the answer to the big guy’s question, what I always tell my clients is if you plan on driving, you shouldn’t have anything to drink.  It’s not because you are drunk or impaired, it’s just that if you get stopped by the police and they smell alcohol, I think you will end up needing me to represent you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973