Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chicago DUI lawyer comments on signs of a DUI driver

Tonight I went to see a movie that is the talk of the town. Afterwards I went with my movie companions to grab a bite. One of my companions nursed a glass of wine and we began talking about DUI arrests. All of a sudden I noticed that her eyes were red and bloodshot. "Oh dear", I said, "whatever you do don't drive home tonight." I told her I was convinced by looking at her that if she was stopped by a police officer she would get charged with a DUI.

The signs of a DUI are pretty much the same in each and every DUI arrest report. There are very few DUI arrest reports that I see that don't describe the accused in the following manner:

Subject had red, bloodshot eyes. Her speech was slurred, mumbled, thick-tongued. She seemed confused and her reflexes were slow. Oh yes, there was a strong odor of alcohol coming from her breath.
My companion said, "but my eyes are always bloodshot and red". I told her I believed her, I just knew that a police officer wouldn't. It's funny how physical attributes and conditions get twisted into drunk driving.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973