Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chicago DUI lawyer comments on car accidents without DUI's being a factor


This Chicago DUI lawyer has commented here, here, and here about accidents. I've devoted several posts to studies of distracted driving being more dangerous than DUI's. Now I'm the victim of an accident.

Like many Americans, in the ritual that signals the waning days of summer, I hit the road yesterday in celebration of Labor Day. Traffic was absolutely miserable by the time we started our journey. As we traveled on I-894 traffic was slowing to a halt when all of a sudden the car was rocked and we were all jolted. We were rear-ended. No the driver wasn't Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or any other illegal substance. She had simply just gotten off of work and was trying to get home. She was also talking on her cell. She was very upset and concerned about our welfare.

What a way to start the holiday weekend. "Let's be careful out there."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973