Friday, July 15, 2011

Chicago DUI Attorney Saw the Police Out Tonight in Full Force!

Tonight I was coming back into the City from the Women’s Bar Association Board Retreat in Highland Park.  I thought I was smart and took Metra out to the ‘burbs.  I caught a ride back. 

As we drove back into the city dropping off one person in Lakeview, then another in Logan Square I thought it would be easy, “just take Kedzie south to North and then head over east I said.

All was clear until we turned onto North Avenue and I could see a squad car with lights on just ahead of us and another a quarter of a block away from it.

Tarnation! I thought.  I bet this is a road block or a saturation patrol.  I look over into the park and immediately see the mobile BAC Unit.  Yep it is.  Ugh! I was not in the mood for this.  It’s past my bed time and I need to walk my dog.  You already know I’ve blogged about these check points here, here, and here.

Immediately, I start asking the driver if her lights work and whether she has valid registration, insurance, and license.  She’s a lawyer, so her answer was yes.  She wondered if we should turn off and I said no, realizing that sometimes they expect that and you turn right into the check point.

As we continued travelling east on North Avenue, just east of Western another marked unit made a U-turn and got behind us.  Then all of a sudden I realized its lights were on.

Another car was directly behind us and that car pulled over to the curb and the marked squad car pulled up behind that vehicle.

Hmmm, no I didn’t miss a press release for that area at all. But have no doubt, they are out in full force around Humboldt Park and North Avenue tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973