Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chicago DUI Attorney Comments on DUI and Graduation



This Chicago DUI attorney has commented here on the additional challenges of being under 21 and charged with a DUI.  I know that prom season has just ended and graduation and parties to celebrate are upon us.  It also can brings tragedy.

When I was growing up in South Carolina, every year seniors would die in some alcohol-related death.  Back then the drinking age was eighteen and most seniors were eighteen.  

Times have changed.  Now the legal drinking age is 21.  Times remain the same, seniors graduate from high school and celebrate with alcohol and other drugs. Tragedy occurs.

A couple of weeks ago a friend posted this story on her Facebook Wall and it brought tears to my eyes:





Still, you don’t want to ruin your life before your adulthood begins.  You don’t want me to have to defend you in a case where you are charged with a DUI.  The stakes are considerably higher when you are under 21.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973