Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chicago DUI attorney comments on the guilty plea from a judge

This Chicago DUI attorney has posted about judges with DUI offenses here, here, and here.  Today, another judge joins the ranks of being the accused.

A DuPage County judge charged in a hit-and-run crash with a parked car pleaded guilty to reckless driving today while making his first court appearance.
After his guilty plea to the misdemeanor offense, Judge Kenneth Popejoy was fined $500 and sentenced to six months of conditional discharge, a type of non-reporting probation.
Popejoy declined to comment directly after the court appearance, but said in a written statement that he accepts “full and complete responsibility for my actions.’’
“I deeply regret my conduct in this matter and intend to rededicate myself to the principles and values in my life that have brought me so many blessings,’’ his statement said.
He declined to comment further because of a pending review of the crash by the state’s Judicial Inquiry Board, which has the power to discipline judges for their conduct.
Unlike many who are accused of criminal misdemeanors, the judge didn’t lose his job.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973