Monday, February 15, 2010

Chicago DUI lawyer answers the question "Should I blow"?


This Chicago DUI lawyer has posted here about Breath Alcohol Testing (BAC) and yet this is the most common question I'm asked.

In Illinois, the legal limit is .08 BAC. That means anything at or above that .08 there is a presumption that the person was driving under the influence of alcohol.

The test results provided from those machines makes the government frequently unwilling to dismiss, what could be a very bad case for them, including cases involving shady arresting officers that you hear about in the news.

You ask me what to do when you know you only had one drink? I want to know how long ago you consumed that drink? What size was that drink? What type of alcohol was in that drink? How much do you weigh? The answers to those questions also determine what your BAC level will be. I've posted here about high readings of mouth alcohol from things like ice cream or even a mouth wash.

Given all of this information, I have a question for you, do you want to help the government make its case against you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please do not leave personal information or specific legal questions in the comment field. If you need legal assistance, the best way to get in touch with me is to call my office at 312.944.3973